Saturday, January 19, 2013

Mini Bathroom Makeover

Today, as I checked the weather and discovered subzero temperatures, I decided it would be a good day for a Pinterest project. At the very least my bathroom needed a little cleaning and organizing.



I started with this:


 Looks a little "meh" right? Somehow I always end up with my jewelry on the counter and I don't even want to tell you about the dust bunnies behind the stereo. There is also the grungy toothbrush holder. It was once a favorite and gift from Matt on our first Valentine's day but it has become covered in toothbrush gunk that even my bleaching skills couldn't remove. My biggest blight though is the makeup bag. I'm always in too much of a rush in the morning to put things away or maybe its because the drawer the makeup bag belongs in looks like this:

The electric shaver isn't mine but all those pony tails are. So I decided to take charge!  After nearly 2 hours looking for the right stuff in Walmart and going through all my previous Pinterest ideas, I decided to go for it.

I'm pretty proud of the final result:

 Nice and clean! I bought a corner dish rack to put my radio on top of. Its not totally sturdy, but it gets the job done.


I also bought 2 glass bowls that fit on the rack. My everyday makeup just barley fits in the one but that is good incentive to purge every so often.


The other glass bowl has my spare pair of glasses and my everyday jewelry. 



 The drawer that once housed random stuff now hold our toothbrushes. Even Ponzi was happy to help.




1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you started a blog! And what a perfect name. You need a bigger bathroom. Check that, you need to use your bigger bathroom.

    ReplyDelete